Online Shopping Trend In India
The growth in online shopping in India is staggering:
- More than eight out of ten Indian online consumers plan to shop online in the next twelve months
- More than a quarter indicate they spend upwards of 11 percent of their monthly shopping expenditure on online purchases
- 71 percent Indians trust recommendations from family when making an online purchase decision, followed by recommendations from friends at 64 percent and online product reviews at 29 percent
- Half the Indian consumers (50%) use social media sites to help them make online purchase decisions.
- Online reviews and opinions are most important for Indians when buying Consumer Electronics (57%), Software (50%), and a Car (47%).
- More than four in ten Indians are more likely to share (post a review/ Tweet/ review) a negative product or service experience online than they were to share a positive experience
- In the next six months Indians are most likely to buy Books (41%), Airline ticket/reservations (40%), and Electronic equipment like TV, Camera, etc. (36%) online
- When shopping online, one third of Indians (33%) purchase most frequently from websites which allow them to select products from many different stores.